19 April 2009

Dixieland Cruisers Car Show

This weekend we took Monte to it's first GA car show in Savannah. The weather was beautiful (no rain that is) but it did get a little warm in the afternoon. Jack looked a bit like a lobster at the end but nonetheless we had a good time. We were disappointed that Monte didn't win anything this go around although we got lots of compliments. It did seem like the judging was a bit off though. It was a big show with over 300 cars there. It will be fun to take the car to other shows this summer and fall.


This trucks belonged to the couple that parked next to us. They had 2 trucks in the show and both of their trucks won awards for being in the top 40 cars. This cute lil truck was one of my favorites...its a 1949 Chevy pickup and done AMAZINGLY! It was the wife's truck and she even drives it! I told Jack someday I would like one of these :) Can you see me driving one of those?!?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love old trucks like that! I would so drive it, except in a different color...black, blue, red, green....

ej236 said...

It wasn't my choice of color either, but I thought the color did look pretty sharp on that truck. I don't think any other vehicle could have pulled it off.