Not too many exciting developments the first month. Just eat, sleep, poop and repeat!
|Birthday Picture! February 24, 2012|
|1 Week - March 2, 2012|
|2 Weeks - March 9, 2012|
|3 Weeks - March 16, 2012|
|4 Weeks - March 23, 2012|
|Footprint time after his first bath at the hospital|
|He hasn't even left the hospital and he's already watching NASCAR with Daddy!|
|One of the things he's done most this month!|
- He started out sleeping pretty well for a newborn - about 3 hours per stretch, but toward the end of his first week that changed.The last couple of weeks have been terrible! He will sleep decent for the first stretch (2.5-3 hours) and then after that it's all down hill. Maybe he'll go back down right away or maybe he'll eat and stay up for a couple hours and then when he does go back down he is noisy and doesn't sleep longer than an hour. This has made for one tired Momma!
- Has been sleeping in the swing not moving because he seems to have some reflux issues and isn't a big fan of sleeping flat. The bassinet we bought for him hasn't gotten much use. We don't have these issues diagnosed yet, but it seems to me that it's reflux. If it continues we'll be heading to the doc this week. I'm not going to wait until his 2 month appointment.
- He is the NOISEST sleeper. He makes all kinds of grunts and squeeks and I am blaming the reflux for that. He seems to be the noisest when he has something that he can't get worked whether it be gas or a burp. These noises keep Mommy up but Daddy is able to sleep right through them all. Must be nice!
- Last night was the best night we've had so far so I'm hoping that maybe he is turning a corner!
- Nursing has been going MUCH better. Guess I just had to power through the pain.
- He will take a bottle just fine so I've been doing some pumping.
- He seems to be a little snacker. He's hard to keep awake to eat a full "meal" and then when he wakes up an hour later he wants to eat again!
- He has smiled for me a couple of times and I know they weren't gas smiles!!! I can't wait for more and more of these. It certainly makes the sleepless nights a little more bearable!
|Birth announcement picture|
|Brother/ Sister love! When I'm taking Will's weekly picture, Katelyn always wants to get her picture taken too. Each week we have one with both kids. This will be fun to look back at over the year and see how much Katelyn has changed as well!|
Weight: ~11 pounds (at home weight estimation)
Clothes: 3 Month
Happy 1 month birthday little buddy! I'm so happy that you were chosen to be a part of our family! We just love you so much!!!