17 March 2010

CDC Update

Katelyn has been to the CDC (Child Development Center on post) 5 times in the past 2 weeks for only a couple hours each time. My hopes were to take her quite often in the beginning so she would get used to the people and room and then realize that other people besides me can take care of her!

The first couple of times were miserable for her and I'm sure the workers as well. She cried and cried and cried. In fact, when I returned at the end of the 2 hours, she was still crying. The workers kept saying, "just bring her back, bring her back." So I did.

Today was her 5th day and she did AMAZING!!! She cried when I first handed her over, but Ms. Kisha said that she gave it up really quickly and even was crawling around playing with other kids. She said she'd never seen her crawl before so that was very exciting for her!!! They played with bubbles and read her favorite book! I guess I'm going to have to get some bubbles for home because I guess she loved them and got very excited trying to catch them.

I am SOOO happy that she is adjusting and that it didn't take too long! Thank the Lord!

No comments: