17 November 2011

Katelyn's 2.5!



I really can't believe our baby girl is already 2.5 years old! Before long we'll be planning her 3rd birthday! Where oh where has the time gone to?! Jack and I are thoroughly enjoying this stage that Katelyn is in! She is just so much fun and it's always a surprise what she is going to come up with or say. We sit here in the evenings and look at each other and say "Where did she get that from?!"

She is very much into her baby dolls right now and talks to them as if she is the Mommy. She wants them to have a diaper and socks on. It makes it difficult because the diapers are size 4 (Katelyn's pull ups or night diapers) and the socks fit Katelyn's feet, but she doesn't seem to care! Baby will go with her on longer road trips and she'll talk to her and tell her to "Hold on Baby!," "Do you see that Baby?", "It's ok baby, I'll be right back." Baby AND Dolly still get to go on wagon rides and she pushes them around in HER stroller outside. I just love watching her be such a Mommy to these dolls. I really am excited to see how she reacts with a real baby - her brother! I'm afraid we'll have to keep a close eye on her because she might just want to be a little TOO much help!


She continues to not be the best eater. We still have our days where she'll eat well and then other days not so well. She does eat better at "school" than she does for me at home; but she is getting a little braver and is beginning to attempt to try a few more things. I mean - that's all we ask is to just give things a try!!

She is still a good sleeper but we haven't taken her out of her crib. I know I know! We haven't really been in a big hurry - she hasn't tried to climb out and there another sibling hasn't needed the crib yet. BUT - that is all about to change. When we get to Missouri, she will get her "Big girl" room and bed. We talk about it all the time and most of the time she is fine with giving her current bed to her baby brother. We'll see how the sleeping goes then. There just might be a post or 2 on the lack of sleep she is letting Mommy have! Boy I hope not!

She also continues to do amazing on the potty front! She stays dry all the time when she's awake and tells us when she needs to go, even when we are in the car. A trip into Savannah now requires a potty stop - BUT that's ok! I'd rather stop than have to clean out a wet carseat!! She still isn't potty trained during naps or at night, but I'm ok with that. She goes all by herself at school without any help from her teachers and insists that she can do it "Allllll by myself." She isn't so independent at home because they have potty's close to the ground at school. I'm fine with helping her; it's much easier, faster and cheaper than changing diapers!! Boy, my Baby has sure grown up! She's such a big girl now!!

Katelyn still goes to "School" 3 mornings a week and that will probably increase as the move gets closer so I can get more and more things done and more boxes packed. She LOVES going and is starting to bring home lots of pictures and activities that they have done. I'm just amazed at how much she has learned and she is only going to hourly care! She can sing her ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Old MacDonald (her current favorite) and several country songs on the radio. When one of her favorite songs comes on the radio she'll say "Ohhh that's a gooooood one" and then "Daddy - crank it up!" And she knows most of the words to these songs! She truly amazes me!!


She has figured out how to peddle her tricycle and would probably live outside if we let her! It really is too bad that the nights are so short. By the time she gets up from her nap in the afternoon there really isn't much time left before it gets dark and the weather here has been gorgeous. I know we need to take advantage of the warmer/fallish weather because there probably won't be much outside play for a while after we get to Missouri (But that's ok with me! I'm ready for cooler weather!)

She went to the Dr for a wellness appt and to get her flu shot. The Dr said she was PERFECT and on the smaller, petite side. (of course, we already knew this :) )



Stats (2 1/2 years):
Weight: 25.2# (11th%)
Height: 35 inches (29th%)

We LOVE you soooo much Katelyn and can't wait to watch you continue to grown and develop!!

No comments: