24 February 2013

{Watch Me Grow} 12 Months

1 year!  
1 year! 
1 YEAR!! 
HOW?!?!

I am still in shock that my lil guy is a year old already. I just don't know how it is possible! I remember several times over the year when I thought to myself how nice it will be when he is older and sleeps and we can do more things, etc, but now that we are getting closer to all of those things I know I'm going to miss my baby, my lil cuddle bug. I just love him to the moon and back and now I believe all those Mom's that said how little boys LOVE their Mommas. I love how his face lights up when I walk into the room or how he wants ME to be the one to give him his bottle. It can be frustrating at times, but it is so great to know you are loved so much! Happy Birthday lil man and I can't wait to celebrate many many more with you!!

Milestones:

He now has 7 teeth: 4 on top and 3 on the bottom. I think the molars are working their way in, but nothing has broken through yet. I'm enjoying our break from teething for the time being.

WALKING!! He is almost a full blown walker. He gets braver and braver each day. He walks the most when I sit on the floor with him and go from the couch to me and just giggling the entire time like he's so proud of himself and it's just the craziest thing. I love watching him tottle around and how he looks bow legged while he's doing it.

 

Not the best picture, but this was taken on his 1st birthday and you can see that he's not holding onto anything.

Language:

He says "Mama", "Dada" and "Bye Bye" (sometimes). He definitely says dada the most and I get Momma when he's crying for me.

Eating:

Still struggling in this department. He is fine with eating baby food, but still struggles to eat much table food. I think it has to do with textures. He definitely wants whatever we have on our plates, but will just hold on to it or lick it. IF he gets any bites in his mouth it's as if he doesn't know what to do with it. He'll chew a bit and then end up gagging on it until it goes down. Frustrating, but we'll keep offering it all to him and one day he'll figure it out....hopefully.

He LOVED this dill pickle! I can't figure him out!

And the next struggle.....getting off the bottle. I realize he just turned a year, but a huge pet peave of mine is a toddler still drinking from a bottle. One positive - he likes whole milk. We'll keep working on moving to a sippy cup, but at least the milk is MUCH cheaper than formula.

 

And this is Will's new thing if we don't get him strapped in. Boys......he's definitely dealing me a different deck of cards than Katelyn dealt. Curious and mischievous!


Sleeping:

 We have our nights. Some better than others. But, when he does get up, it's usually 3-4ish for no more than 20 minutes, he guzzles 8 oz and then drifts back off to sleep and will sleep until about 7-7:30. If he doesn't wake up in the  middle of the night, then he'll wake from the day between 6-7am.

 He still takes 2 naps but somedays he'll just get an afternoon because we are busy in the morning. His morning nap is usually 9-11ish and 2-3:30/4.

Travel/Events:

Daddy got promoted to Major on Feb. 1. We had a housefull of guests and it was a great weekend!
Will was the best baby during the ceremony and you would have never known that we had an infant there.
 

 

We also celebrated Valentine's Day with some friends by decorating cookies and eating other heart shaped things. He thought it was great to chew on the frosting container.
 

 

His 1st Valentine's Day!

He loved his new tractor that he got for Valentine's Day
 

Favorite Toys/Books:


What kids do not love a box turned into a house?!?

He gets a magazine subscription each month called "Baby Bug".

Vacuums! He is infatuated with my vacuum! When I vacuum he follows it around and will sit in front of it and just wants to be right near it. He also gets so upset when I open the closet that the vacuum is in. He wants to play with my vacuum. The toy vacuum is just not the same. Crazy kid! Katelyn used to be scared out of her mind when I tried to vacuum. Funny how they can be so different.


He likes to try to get in the kitchen cabinets so I'll give him a bowl to keep him occupied. For some reason he and Katelyn thought it was hilarious to put it on their heads. Forget all the toys we have!

Misc:

Crazy hair after nap


It's SOOO much fun to wrestle with Daddy when he lays on the floor.


Just a cutie in his lil overalls


Katelyn and Will play this game on the couch where she runs around and jumps up the back and says boo and Will laughs and laughs. They'll do this for 15 minutes before tiring.

He loves looking out the window. This all started when it was snowing.

Weekly Pictures:

48 Weeks - January 25, 2013

50 Weeks - February 8, 2013

51 Weeks - February 15, 2013

52 Weeks - February 22, 2013


Stats:

Weight: 22 pounds 3 ounces - 40th percentile
Length: inches - 42nd percentile
Head Circumference: 19 inches - 90th percentile
Size 9-12 month clothes
Size 3 Diapers
7 Teeth

Happy 1st Birthday sweet lil boy!!


























No comments: